Hope you had a great start to the New Year! :-)
I'm excited and pumped up as I unlearn and learn more about Dynamics 365 for Operations. Recently, on one of my D365 Dev VM, I encountered the below HTTP 500 error after a successful VS Build.
No longer, I was able to browse the url.
Initially, I thought it was related to my custom model, so I deleted that from the packages directory, did an iisreset, stopped and started D365 services, SQL Services, restarted the whole box, but no luck.
Event Log Details:
Next, I dig a little bit into the event log, to find more about the errors logged there and i found this below message log - error CS1002 expected;
Next, I opened the cs file in VS and found for some reason the opening brace in Application_PreSendRequestHeaders was commented which was just weird, Don't know how it could have happened.
Fix was to remove the comment and then save the Global.asax.cs file and that got me back to business.
Happy Operating D 365 :-) Have fun.